Link Kicks Off Another Year of the Transit Ambassador Program
ApplicationS ARE NOW OPEN FOR THE 2019 CLASS OF TRANSIT AMBASSADORS
APPLICATIONS DUE BY FRIDAY, MARCH 29
CLICK HERE FOR THE APPLICATION
The Transit Ambassador Program helps students develop work experience and scholarship credibility by participating in our public relations and outreach efforts during the summer. Students do not need to be current Link riders to be eligible.
Transit Ambassadors will represent Link Transit at public events between April and September 2019.
As a Transit Ambassador you will:
1. Receive a free Annual Student Freedom Pass (SFP) with a value of $120.
2. Receive uniform shirt for events.
3. Receive training on transit trip planning and scheduling and answering Frequently Asked Transit Questions.
4. Act as a student representative within your school and the community to promote sales of the annual Student Freedom Pass.
5. Earn volunteer hours to use towards graduation requirements, Youth United programs and to build job and scholarship credibility.
Transit Ambassadors requirements:
1. Attend up six hours of transit training on Saturday, April 6th, 2019
2. Be at least 14 years old by April 6th, 2019.
3. Contribute to at least 30 hours of total volunteer time to Link Transit events.
4. Be available for school registration days at the beginning of the 2019 school year. (Schedules will be arranged so each student can be at their school at the appointed time.)
5. Be over 14 years of age and/or attending High School in Chelan County or Douglas County.
1. Complete online application (application link is at the top of this page)